Powertec Sissy Squat Pro
Powertec Sissy Squat Pro
We are excited to announce Powertec's latest addition for home use: The Sissy Squat Pro, with a special introductory offer that includes Resistance Band Pegs (A $79 value) included at no extra cost.
THE SISSY SQUAT ADVANTAGE:
The Sissy Squat Pro achieves near 100% isolation on the quads and places less stress on other muscles such as the knee joints. As a result, it is considered safer than regular squats and leg extensions, and is a useful alternative workout for athletes and those who may have picked up a certain injuries such as back strain.
Sissy Squats primarily strengthen the quadriceps and also work the hip flexors, core strength and can improve balance. With the Sissy Squat Pro machine, you’re able to lean back securely without fear of falling over or disrupting your posture. As a compound exercise, you will be able to target several muscle groups in one go.
WHERE DID THE NAME 'SISSY' SQUAT COME FROM?
The Sissy Squat name is a homage to King Sisyphus of Greek mythology, who was sent to the underworld as punishment and ordered to push a huge rock to the top of a mountain that would then return to its original position at the bottom of the mountain, forcing the former King into a never-ending task. While this may have been punishment for Sisyphus, one thing he got out of it was killer quads…
HOW TO USE THE SISSY SQUAT:
- Step on to the Sissy Squat Pro machine and adjust the knee pad and ankle pads as required, ensuring that your feet are securely locked into position.
- (The knee pad should be high enough to support the back of your knee as you sit back into a squat, and the ankle pads tightly locked in so your feet remain firmly in position throughout the motion).
- Lower yourself into a squatting position – ensure that you maintain tension on the thighs.
- Bring yourself back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the above steps for your desired number of reps.
EXERCISES AND VARIATIONS:
The Sissy Squat Pro may commonly be used most for performing bodyweight Sissy Squats, but there are other key advantages for performing other exercises:
- Sissy Squat (Bodyweight, with a Dumbbell/Plate/Kb, with Resistance Bands)
- Sissy Overhead Squat (Bodyweight, with a Dumbbell/Plate/Kb/Bands)
- Sissy Lunge (Bodyweight, with a Dumbbell/Plate/Kb)
- Seated (on the Knee Pad) Bar/Core Rotations
SETTINGS & DIMENSIONS:
The Sissy Squat Pro has a large footplate that measures: 17 1/4" X 18 3/4", with a height of 3 1/3" off the floor. For users of different heights, we suggest measuring from your heal to the back of the knee (in a seated position) to gauge which Knee Pad setting would be best for you.
The Knee Pad is adjustable with 6 settings. The Top setting (6) is at a height of 20 3/4" from the footplate. (5): 19 3/4", (4): 19", (3): 18:, (2): 17:, (1) 16 1/4".
The front Ankle Pad has 8 settings, allowing for as little as a 1/2" gap from the Knee Pad, up to 6". (This locks your ankles firmly against the front upright Knee Pad to securely keep you in place as you squat back. This should be kept as tight as possible to ensure a proper Sissy Squat is performed.
The Sissy Squat Pro has 2 sets of Resistance Band Pegs at the rear, with 3 Pegs each side. This allows for Resistance Bands to be incorporated into many movements for increased resistance.
At the front are two small wheels, making it easy to lift from the rear and move the Sissy Squat Pro without the need to carry it.